Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My "Go-To" Recipe

I'm not much of a cook, and as I've said before I eat way too much pasta. So here is a meal that's almost as easy to make as a bowl of spaghetti and is much healthier.

Throw into a wok:
  • Sliced red and green peppers
  • Broccoli
  • Mushrooms
  • Snow Peas
  • Bean Sprouts
  • Bamboo Shoots and/or Baby Corn and/or Sliced Water Chestnuts (you can buy all of this together in a can in the Asian Foods section of your supermarket)
  • Some Extra-Firm Tofu (or some grilled chicken if you're not a vegetarian like I am)
  • Splash in some Sesame Oil and some Soy Sauce
Enjoy straight-up or serve over rice.

What you can do is prepare enough vegetables for several portions and keep it in a container in the fridge. Then you can wok-up some in just a few minutes whenever you like.

(Photo: Brendan Adkins)

No comments:

Post a Comment